NOVA Saturn DVR Lathe
The NOVA Saturn DVR lathe is the successor to the discontinued DVR XP lathe. Combines the best features of larger lathes – power, capacity and capability with state of the art technology to make you’re turning more efficient, fun and safer.
The NOVA DVR Saturn lathe is the successor to the discontinued DVR XP lathe.
It is sold in the following markets:
- Spindle threaded for M33 x 3.5, 220-240v (Sku# 55243 - Europe)
- Spindle threaded for 1 1/4" x 8 TPI, 115v (Sku# 55241 - USA/Canada)
- Spindle threaded for 1 1/4" x 8 TPI, 220-240v (Sku# 55242 - Australasia)
With the NOVA DVR Saturn, NOVA continues to bring the revolutionary Digital Variable Reluctance (DVR) technology to the Woodturning/DIY workshop.
Warranty: DVR Motor and Controller 2 years, Mechanical and parts 5 years
Add on Bed System
A lathe that meets your woodturning needs your workshop space, and your pocket! Each segment is 20" or 510mmin length. This feature appeals for many different reasons:
- As a compact lathe (standard configuration) it is great for small turning workshop spaces.
- As an extended lathe for those wanting to do extra-long spindles (beyond the traditional between center of most lathes) the Nova DVR SATURN delivers big turning capacity.
- As a bowl lathe for those just wanting to turn bowls.
Sophisticated Swivel Head
Swivel head lathes have many advantages:
- Space saving
- Allows the turner (not the machine!) to decide the most comfortable position for your turning (saving you from back strain)
- Elimination of left-hand ‘outboard’ turning techniques and no extra outboard chucks and faceplates are necessary.
There are a number of swivel head lathes available, but the Nova DVR SATURN has by far the most sophisticated, accurate and easy to use swivel head on the market.
The Nova DVR SATURN lathe can be easily and quickly swiveled to any position (360 degrees). It can be solidly locked in any position plus it has the added security of a detent pin lock at 0,22.5,45,90 degrees plus 315 (for left-hand use). The swivel head turns, locks easily and has a very accurate detent position, to lock the spindle in line with the tailstock. The combination of rigid Tailstock construction and detent pin delivers superb accuracy and is unique to the Nova DVR SATURN.
Well proven design, the Nova DVR SATURN is made from Cast Iron components for strength and rigidity. Added features like the heavy duty TRIMAX triple bearing system and special webbed bed design makes the lathe well equipped to take heavy turning stresses.
The bed has been designed with vibration dampening qualities - a solid 1/2" cross rib is positioned along the bed unit, quickly dissipating any vibration as it travels down the bed. The new powerful trapezoidal bed design delivers even more vibration damping properties. All this combined with cosmetically appealing, smooth flowing lines.
Cast iron has always been the material of choice for Woodlathe construction for its inherent mass and an excellent modulus of vibration.
Download the manual for more information.