Determining Your Lathe Spindle Thread to Find the Correct NOVA Insert Adapter
A few simple steps to help you determine the spindle thread size on your lathe.
1. Refer to the insert/adaptor chart (download below) to see if your lathe is listed. If listed, make a note of the Product Code/SKU:______ (example IDNS, IENS, etc)
2. If not listed, look in your manual or sales literature to find the thread size.
Make a note of these:
- Machine make
- Machine model thread size (if known)
- Inboard thread (LH - left hand or RH - right hand or both)
Look at our insert/adaptor download below to find your size.
3. If you don’t have a manual, contact the supplier or manufacturer to get a copy of your manual and find out your spindle size. (Then look at our insert/adaptor download below to find your size).
4. If you have reliable information for your spindle thread size but there is no match on the chart, you may have an unusual lathe that NOVA doesn’t have an adaptor for. You will need to purchase a blank chuck or a blank insert/adaptor and get it threaded to your requirements.
5. If you can’t find the information on your spindle thread size, you will need to take some measurements on your lathe spindle. You only need to do these measurements if you can’t find the information anywhere else.